View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 13:41   Link #34
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
thanks every time i hear retcon i feel like its being touted as something negative, like the writer is moving the story along week by week without the complete story in mind…
i mean chapter one, a great ninja seals the nine tails in a newborn baby. 500 chapters later, it was his son!!! did kishi not originally ntend for them to be related? is that a retcon?

i just feel like everything doesn't have to be said… sure his power wasn't mentioned but that doesn't mean the author didn't originally intend for him to be as powerful as he is…the manga is only like what 10 pages lol

right. because everything can't be explained to us right then and there. we are left to our imagination until the appropriate time to inject such things comes around…at least thats how i see it

i think you can reveal something 300 chapters later if the story is appropriately written

juugo not an uzumaki

@the poster mentioning Mito. she definitely will have a role. it has already been revealed that she sealed the nine tails in herself. it would be funny if madara was in love with her…he did give his eyes to an uzumaki…

this
Retcon: Adding or altering information regarding the back story of a fictional character or world, regardless of whether the change contradicts what was said before.

So has this happened?
Yes. So I don't know why you are being so defensive, I just made an observation and then stated my opinion by calling it a plot hole introducing change. I don't care if you don't agree with me. However you shouldn't make false accusations claiming that everybody here is misusing the term retcon just because you don't consider it a bad story development.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote