View Single Post
Old 2007-07-01, 21:54   Link #2037
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Why would any sane company pickup Lucky Star... very, very limited audience. In addition to be overtly otaku, this show is very, very Japanese. There's reference to something Japanese in every sentence. Even among the hardcore Western otaku very few knows that much about the real Japanese pop culture. I really don't see the audience here. I fully expect no R1 release for Lucky Star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
Personally I prefer the op with no karaoke at all, since it's basically a nonsense song I'm not really interested in the lyrics, for me the subs just clutter up the nice OP seq. Given that even Japanese viewers couldn't make the words out properly I'm not sure it's a very useful song to practice your Japanese with either.
Oh there's plenty of excellent meaning in that OP. It's not a good practice song though... I think it's great normal OP gets karaoke.. shows the respect the fansubber has for the music. It always bring a smile to my face. One of the main reason I even watch English fansub was for the excellent karaoke.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote