View Single Post
Old 2007-07-01, 22:32   Link #2040
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If it weren't for the Kadokawa/Kyoto Animation combination and the prior history of releasing a number of "very Japanese" shows into this market, I might agree with you. As it stands, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Kadokawa sell it here (since they own it anyway, there's no licensing cost). There are a number of shows even more "niche"/limited-in-appeal than this one already being released. Of course, time will tell, though... There's really no way to know, of course.
Man I wish more so called anime fan start watching real Japanese shows so these references won't be so obscure. Then releases here maybe more likely. Come on anime fans, you're already part of J-culture... it's so strange to know only a specific part of a pop culture so well and be so utterly ignorant about everything else... But I guess that's also true of otakus in Japan. I'm willing to bet that Kahala Tomomi ED song threw them for a loop... its unlikely that many (or ANY) male otaku have heard the song. You can probably kill a J-Otaku by forcing them to sit through a MV for Arashi.

If there's a chance for release, I hope it's a special edition only release with a lot of goodies to reward the hardcore. There are some very knowledgeable, high-quality otaku in the West... they should be awarded for knowing all about Comiket while living in the hostile West.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-02 at 10:21. Reason: fixing typo
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote