View Single Post
Old 2010-04-28, 21:54   Link #9554
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

there has never been an Hurricane named Beatrice, some months ago I actually checked and found out there is a preset list of names that can be used to name Hurricanes and Beatrice isn't in it.

About Maria's "piece of jaw", the ending scroll specify that this was one of the first cases where one body's identity was recognized through dental records.

Quote:
But we were given hints that her diary survived unscathed, and that her body the diary was on did not survive in a fragment bigger than this jaw. Do we need a separate hint to conclude the only proof of her death may be false somehow? I don't think so. Dental records are a good identification mechanism if they are extensive and detail numerous restorative work, but not otherwise. Maria is too young to have certainly had any restorative work on her teeth. Therefore this identification is suspect.

We do need some kind of hint to guess who's jaw it really might be, though, if it's not Maria.
You do good at being suspicious, but your off the tracks, imho.

-If Maria isn't dead, then someone wants to make everyone believe so.
-If they could use bribery or manipulation, they wouldn't need to make up the story of the jaw. they'd find something by far more convincing, like a whole fake body falsely recognized as Maria's.
-Therefore the fragment of the jaw was intended to fool everyone
-I had a teeth imprint at the age of 6 and I was born the same year as Maria so it's definitely nowhere close to be unlikely.

The jaw's bone fragment is fake, the teeth are true. The one who planned this sham knew that due to the situation the police would use dental records to identify the corpse. So the culprit needed someone's teeth, and there was only person whom could be deprived of her teeth without harsh consequences. Or more precisely, only one person who could have their teeth at disposal to begin with, especially if she was told to prepare them. And that person was Maria. Because children at that age tend to change their teeth.
Quite conveniently the only one who could be identified by the police, was Maria.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2010-04-28 at 22:12.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote