View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 14:21   Link #184
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
But whatever ambition they have their ultimate goals still aligns - kill some Earthlings and take over Earth, also it's not like they have resources and wealth to fight over within the Vagan homeland plus they are all sitting on the SAME time bomb (Mars Rays, so there's no point just being a tyrant in Vagan homeland when in a few years everyone would be dead), thus I'm not sure how you can even develop factions when the ideals lines up so much - Ezelcant wasn't exactly peace loving nor was he showing weakness against the Earthlings, so usurp him is going to require some really damn good excuse otherwise you are going to get complete chaos and no followers. It would only make sense to overthrow Ezelcant if personal interest and method diverges, which is not the case even with Zanald.
His ideals weren't the same as everyone else. In order for his pseudo-Destiny plan to work, he apparently couldn't defeat the Federation outright while he had an immense technological superiority over them, instead he had to let them build up their forces over the years and drag the war out for as long as he did. How that was supposed to work, I have no idea...However, there was a big discrepancy between what Ezelcant wanted, and what the rest of the people likely wanted, that if revealed, could cost him everything, including his life.