shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
Screencap or it never happened^^
I'll go one better.

Exported Image

Screengrab

Original Illustrator File

I have a feeling I already know what's causing the bleaching: Save For Web. Every image I've exported out using Save For Web, no matter what it is, always gets bleached colours compared to flattening the original document and using the simple Save As.

Quote:
Here is the color pallete I have used for my Reinforce vector w/ hexadecimal values:
Hope it helps.
*Notice: Reinforce wears a blusih vest and skirt, while her inner clothing and gloves are greyish. And her hair is a more white-blue color.
Many thanks for that, that should be useful. I have a lot of images of Reinforce I, but they all have weird colours or lighting, making it difficult to get the right colour values. I'll try these colours and see if it makes an improvement to the trace.

Quote:
Also, here is where we draw the line between Photoshop and Illustrator.

I have used blur, smudge, dodge & burn tools to blend the colors for the eyes and hair. I also made use of brushing to give her hair a 'glowing' effect.
As for the issue of Photoshop v Illustrator, I'd rather not get too deep into the debate (I've had a lot of those already). Needless to say, you can export a completely rasterised version of the Illustrator file (complete with retained layer structure) to a Photoshop PSD, ready for retouching.

Both programs complement each other nicely I'd say. One is not better than the other. ^_-

Also, many thanks for your continued help and patience.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote