View Single Post
Old 2021-05-16, 15:17   Link #19
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Given that this conflict has been going on for roughly ~60 years with both sides going at it willfully, it makes absolutely no sense to only look at the most recent conflict to place blame. Palaestina and Israel have a long list of attacking both military and civilan targets. Comparing death tolls makes about as much sense as discussing who made more meters progress in trench warfare during WW1.

Either way discussion in this thread seems to only revolve around deciding who is "more wrong" rather than discussing how to potentially solve the conflict. I can't stop anyone from doing that but it will just end up going in a circle that will waste everyone's time.
I think you are misquoting as I didn't mention anything about death toll and I am not trying to say which side have more wrong either.
As for looking at current vs older past, I think given the subject of discussion is the current escalating conflict, it is helpful to look at the current cluse given old conflicts wouldn't suddenly arise for no reason.
As for "both sides going at it willfully", I think one must question what is the meaning of willfully here. It feel like one who lose a game of mahjong want to overturn the result and thus push the game to continue.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote