View Single Post
Old 2009-01-28, 12:27   Link #18095
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
About Zero Requiem, coming at this point, this is a question I'd like to have a direct answer from the staff, because everything points toward 'no' but the poems point toward 'yes', so, it would be interesting to know from them.
I'm still of the opinion that she would not have allowed Lelouch to die that way.
I would say, that going by the poem, she understood that there was no other way (or assumed there was no other way) for Lelouch to accomplish what he did. In that case, if she does follow him, she's not 'letting him die' she's following him, and her ideals, to her death. ZR accomplishes all that she set out to do except one thing, to be with her mother. (Not being in ZR, adversely, accomplishes all but one thing as well, to be with Lelouch.)

It's not out of character for her to leave behind her mother in a new, better world, when the person who helped her (re)discover all that was Lelouch. Everything she has (and would have) is because of him. So choosing him over the other options makes sense.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote