View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 11:26   Link #21
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
4 is one fo my biggest pet peeves against the franchise, as an anime watcher I should NOT need to read the tie-in manga to get the connection between Nanoha, Subaru and a random bridge bunny who only appears five minutes in one episode, I should NOT be TOLD about Nanoha's accident, instead I should be SHOWN that accident in its grim and bleak glory.
This. Very much this.

Small, irrelevant slice-of-the life scenes? Fine, use Sound Stages and the manga for those.

Important scenes that gave a much large insight on a character, such as the accident or the deal with his father's near-death and the impact on her? Those are something that belonged in the main adaptation.

On a related note, there's a lot of unexplored territory to venture into just like how Star Wars EU are more than Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and the droids, but everyone and their grandmother knows that the creators would never step out of that comfort zone and make a story without any appearance whatsoever of the main cast. Which is a shame because there are truckloads of story potential there: centuries of Belkan Expansionist Era, fall of the Belkan homeworld, the Unification War, pre-TSAB Midchilda, the mysteries of Alhazard, the previous Book of Darkness incident...but they can't attach nude pics of Nanoha and Fate to those stories, could they?