View Single Post
Old 2003-11-29, 01:05   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
I've been searching net on how to slove this problem, but its just bs after bs like real obvious suggestions that only a person who owned a comptuer for 2 days wouldnt know them.

Ok, i only had my dvd-rom drive for a month now, and after my comp crashed, it doesnt read cd-roms or dvds. It shows my dvd rom in my computer, but when i click on it with either a cd or dvd in it, it says "please insert a disk into drive..."

I reinstalled the dvd player software, i checked device manger for any problems, uninstalled the drive and let xp reinstall it, switched it from slave to primary, and installed aspi drivers.

Nothing! this is really pissing me off.

Only thing left to do is clean it (but its only been a month, and i havent cleaned my cd burner in over a year) or ditch this and buy a dvd burner, whicn i guess i should have done in the first place.
Do dvd-rom drives need more cleaning than normal?
I would say go clean it first. Any optical drive gets dirty, especially if you don't give it perfectly clean discs. If the drive is spinning up, stops, and spins up again ad infinitum, you need to clean it.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote