View Single Post
Old 2007-05-22, 08:37   Link #26
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiei- View Post
Because a timing should start when the voice start and end when the voice end ? (a bit before and after for each), and with scene-timing. That's how I think of how a timing has to be at least, and I don't see other way to do it (start it far better or stop it far after wouldn't look very good).

I would understand that for a translation, but for a timing lol, whatever

Anyway, if someone have something to say about the timing once the first episode will be released, I'll listen to it, but I don't think there will be.

By the way, script sent to editing.

The episode 1 will be released as soon as the script will be edited.

I'll probably think of making an irc channel at this time.

Here's my timing style:
0.15 leadin
If a start of a line is 0.30 or closer to the start of a scene, start the line at the start of that scene.
If a line start 0.05 or closer BEFORE a scene, and the the line right after start quickly after, stretch the line that started before the one rigth before the end of the scene to the end of that scene, and start the line at the start of the scene.
To try to say it simple...: start the line that starts just tad before the ending of the scene, a bit late (on the scene)

0.35 leadout
0.50 or closer to next line, after leadoutout, and leadin of next line, link lines together.

0.60 or closer to end of a sene, stretch to that scene.

0.3 or over the scene, cut it at the scene (only stretch over if it's clearly half a word or the likes, and if you stretch it over, link with next line that starts after the scene.

In cases where the lines can't have lead and leadout without overlapping, cut down on the leadout, and in cases where there can't be either lead in or leadout, cut both.
Unesscary overlaps are ugly.
Always try to avoid overlaps, even if it means cutting down on lead-in and lead-out.
If you have to do an overlap, use same standards as for normal timing.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote