View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 14:08   Link #873
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm curious, though. Every totalitarian movie shows armed forces at every corner, watching the populace for any sign of trouble. Every movie-goer agrees that this is bad, and not a sign of a healthy society. Why, then, is it suddenly a good idea when the NRA suggests it?
Having a couple police officers in school is hardly the same as "armed forces at every corner".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm not oversimplifying anything, just adding facts which you obviously dislike. Or are contesting that empirical data shows that particularly the gun-toting south has the highest firearm-related crime and homicide/accidental death rates compared to the rest of the US?
Sigh, if you're not going to bother reading what has been posted by both sides in the last few pages, then excuse me for not wanting to waste my effort on regurgitating what is plainly available to you with a few clicks of the mouse.

Quote:
But to answer your earlier question: Because it doesn't help solving the root cause of the problem, and instead merely adds a quick-fix of dubious effectiveness, considerable cost and perpetuating the problem.
There is no single solution that will fix the "root cause of the problem", as it's not a single problem to begin with. As for effectiveness, there's a reason why mass shooters don't go for police departments, I'm gonna let you guess why.

Quote:
Like I wrote before, as long as America's selfish, violent and gun-toting culture does not change...
as opposed to being arrogant, ignorant, and holier-than-thou?

Quote:
We'd have to see whether or not the huge financial investment and emotional harm (little kids forcibly exposed to guns)
Huh? what are you going on about? emotional harm? from seeing a gun? yeesh, did you borrow steve job's reality distortion field?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote