View Single Post
Old 2008-06-25, 06:04   Link #1821
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
The Sword is not a reference. (That I know of, anyway.)

The references I did intend are as follows:

Orb of the Peerless Mage - borne from a discussion about D&D 4E about how Orb Wizards in the Controller role appear to be pretty much how they're meant to be played, based on the bonuses given.

Ring of the Jewelled Dusk - The One Ring from The Lord of the Rings, minus the invisibility.

Staff of the Unconquered Sun - White Wolf's Exalted. More traditionally the Sol Invictus.

Sigil of the Proud Heart - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would probably be the most familiar to the people here. Technically the concept of willpower being used as an energy source has turned up in my stories from time to time, ever since the first time I saw it in He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret Of The Sword.

Crown of the Timeless Lord - Champions meta-setting, specifically the Dragon Crown worn by Takofanes and its power over the Crowns of Krim.

Everything else (except for obviously the Tome of the Night Sky) are just generic "cool stuff".

Incidentally, if anyone wants to use any of these concepts, feel free.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote