View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 21:14   Link #363
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If there's another Haruhi cour coming out, I think that it probably should be judged separately from this renewal.
But then we're still back to my original argument that the "renewal" technically shouldn't be judged in isolation from the rest of the episodes being re-aired, since they are being pitched as a "package". But, in any case, we have at least a while longer to make a decision about this (because, as I said, the soonest you'd see a thread would be Thursday anyway).

As for Heminga13's proposal about re-naming... I think this makes sense, except that I would propose a slight change to be more like this...

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll [2006 Ep. 2]
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [2009 Ep. 14]
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll [2006 Ep. 1 a.k.a. "00"]

...and so on. (Note that the ep. 25 is obviously a presumption on my part.)

The new season has sort of "re-constituted" the first season into this new chronology, and I think the main reason for doing something like this is to fit it into new seasons. And I agree that adding "Yuuutsu" would make sense, as there's a pretty decent chance that a future season might take on a different subtitle (and so we'd have to rename it all then anyway).

But here too, I agree that we should wait until after the whole re-airing is said and done. This would be in the spirit of doing some housecleaning in preparation for possible future seasons.