Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 15:12   Link #892
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
"Little hopes...likely doomed...." Let's not worry about what might be and just react to what is. I have no idea where this guy (or whatever) comes from, or what his/her/its motives are. I would be disappointed if we never found out -- but even that could be an interesting feeling. I'll just wait and see.

Personally, I find Heartseed fascinating, and I think the personality has been developed already. We know he is performing some kind of duty. We know he feels a lack of energy and determination. We know he is absurdly powerful and somewhat capricious. We know he is trying to get a reaction and observe the results. We don't have clear ideas of who/what he/she/it is, but we do have scraps of personality and action to react to. And I react with great interest. Sure he is a "plot device," but he seems to me to be a lot more. I can even think of him as a symbol of the irresistible power of the world to mess with us. Most of us don't have such a weird character interfering in our lives, but we do have a big world around us doing the same thing.

Anyway, just to say that my own natural reactions here differ from yours. Vive la différence.
Don't get me wrong, I like that Heartseed is in the story. I don't mind that he's a mysterious omnipotent being or a plot device. I think his status as an out of reach entity wouldn't go well with trying to develop him as a human character. However, I also wish we'd learn a bit more about him. I have a feeling we won't know anything more about him by the end of the series than we know now and that's unfortunate.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote