View Single Post
Old 2012-01-15, 15:18   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The story arcs in Bakemonogatari were only two to three episodes long, it makes sense the plot moved faster in those arcs. Karen Bee, on the other hand, will be five episodes long (or is six?) and therefore can afford to spend time on previously introduced girls while hinting at what the main plot is going to be. It makes for a good build-up.

Tsubasa cat, also five episodes long, followed a similar structure. There's really not that much difference between the first two episodes of Tsubasa Cat and the the first two episodes of Nise if you compare them. It might be too early to complain.

I think the other reason the harem aspect of the series is more obvious in Nise is that Meme is not there anymore (I miss the guy, by the way). One, because he was the only other male character in this series and that alone made it appear a little less harem-ish; and two, because his presence was a constant reminder of the supernatural aspect of the show. Now the anime features only one boy surrounded by half a dozen girls. I'm not surprised people feel the series has changed. I personally don't think it has, though. I've always seen Bakemonogatari has a smart and atypical romcom with supernatural elements, and not the other way around. That may be the key difference between those who are loving Nise and those who are disliking it.