View Single Post
Old 2009-09-03, 18:22   Link #64
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
There's also the fact that Kyon seemed to be struggling quite a bit, while Koizumi wasn't even trying.

I was disappointed with the lack of violence from Haruhi. Kyon snapping at her felt uncalled for. Stopping her wasn't out of place, but his level of anger didn't match the provocation, so it felt really off to me. Oh well, I knew it would happen.
Think of it this way. All of The Passion of Mikuru Asahina Sighs has revolved around Haruhi tormenting/molesting/cos-raping Mikuru and making unreasonable requests of Kyon and the SOS-dan. His level of barely-contained RAGE!!11 has been growing through the arc. It bubbled to the surface last episode, but Kyon was able to hold it back short of knocking Haruhi into next week. This clearly didn't do anything to ease the RAGE!!!11 and it continued to build into today's episode, where Haruhi goes from tormenting/molesting/cos-raping Mikuru to outright slipping her drugs (booze) so she could film Koizumi 'date-raping' her, sending him from mere RAGE!!!11 to UNSTOPPABLE (were it not for Koizumi apparently spending his spare time in the gym) RAGE OF BRUTAL BRUTALITY!!!!