View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 12:53   Link #104
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
it's typical of people with no point to resort to saying things that have no bearing on the specific discussion. i never said pain was a god. you keep throwing that in there as a distraction. and kakashi has nothing to do with it either. the crux of the disagreement is whether people can come back from the dead or not. it's so overwhelmingly obvious that they can since that's all that has been happening lately with edo tensei that you narrowed it down to the person themself doing it and saying it's never happened. if you reread the end of chapter 382, you will see that not only was pain confused by jiraiya's revival, but so was the toad fukasaku who is actually the one who says it specifically. now i'm sure you'll counter by saying by saying kishi didn't stop the story and explain in excruciating detail exactly what jiraiya did, but you'd clearly be glossing over the point of those last couple pages that jiraiya willed himself back to leave a final dying message. and with that i can explain it no further. feel free to believe whatever you want. that's the beauty of literary interpretation. you can ignore the author's intent and come up with your own story
I think you're the one who misunderstands the author's intent, but whatever. Name one other case where a person came back to life by themselves. Never happened, did it?

Jiraiya lost consciousness but had enough willpower to regain it for a few moments. There's nothing more to it. You're the one who came up with this whole "soul left the body" theory, don't act like that was what in fact happened.