View Single Post
Old 2007-08-13, 00:10   Link #727
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You're asking originality for a parody show?
Well I guess, that means, you would absolutely hate a show like Robot Chicken.

Your statement reminds me of the critique who dissed a Jet Li kung-fu movie for "not having good storyline", to which another critique said "I don't know what you're looking for in this type of film, but I went to see Li kick some ass, which it delivered".
Well I actually like Robot Chicken and it does more then parody, for example one of my favorite skit was little Hitler which wasn't a parody. If the show is only funny because of parody then that it just laziness it does not try to create it's own comedy that is why it's bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
To its credit, the references in LS were much better integrated than most other referential shows, such as Hayate the Combat Butler. It feels more character-driven, not gag-driven. And if references always mean lazy writers and bad comedy, then there exists no such thing as a good parody in this world. I just can't agree with such a statement.
If they over use it then, yes it becomes laziness. I do like reference to other show that's why I said that the street fighter amused me, however if they used parody over and over then it is a bad writing.