View Single Post
Old 2011-11-03, 10:16   Link #256
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Hiding a sword with her body is not even close to being something impossible,it's not that those swords are 2m long,you know?
Yeah, and of course I said it was impossible, not just that it was poorly depicted because he went for psych! value...

Quote:
Grabbing the handle of a sword with her mouth is an action that for Claymore's standard is incredibly easy,and hiding that action for a split second is even more easy if you consider Miria's hair.
Yeah, I'm sure her hair would totally obscure the fact that she's for some reason twisting her head sideways at a 90 degree angle...

Quote:
No matter what you say
Well, OK then...

Quote:
,there are things that are WAY more unbelivable: warriors moving faster than human eye can see, Claire's QS, Helen capable of trasforming her arm in some sort of drill, fusion and defusion with the destroyer, Anastasia's ability,warriors capable of destroying walls and rock with their sword like it was nothing (do you think this is normal???),warriors being able to jump who knows how meters high,warriors that don't die istantly even when the suffer incredibly absurd wounds (sometimes they can even walk aroun for a bit,lol),Cassandra's anti-physics ability(lol,this yes that's something REALLY strange).......
The point is not that unusual things have happened, it's that asspulling them for crucial plot twists isn't a great way to write.

Quote:
....so sorry if when i see those reactions for what Miria just did i think that people are exaggerating.....and i'm especially suspicious when the complains start not only before a proper translation but even before the raw is out......
The spoilers were detailed enough and of course people are going to complain when they hear of someone with no arms winning by a silly mouth trick...

Quote:
Is it true that Yagi could have done that scene in a better way?
Yes, i can agree with that.
Then what are we even talking about here?

Quote:
Is it true that that scene is as absurd as some people say?
No,not at all, especially considering what we have seen in claymore till now.
Actually it is as absurd as some people say, and the fact that they've previously accepted some other absurd things in no way precludes them from complaining about this one.

In any case, I'm not going to argue about this any longer, because there's no point in a debate that basically revolves around whether excuses can be found for everything. We all know that as fans we can always find excuses for the author if we so choose. That does not invalidate the opinion of those who don't readily accept these excuses for a particular case.

All else aside. we certainly have to give it up for Yagi for inspiring the most sexual innuendo filled thread yet. There are oral sex or prostitute references in like almost half the posts.