View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 00:49   Link #646
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I don't take issue with whether the Haruka-archetype would be ideal in the context of this show. I was projecting more of a hypothetical scenario about how the show would change if we had other personalities as the leader, especially since we haven't really seen idol-type anime having the quiet and unassuming type as the centre of the group. It would be interesting to see how it would go.
Well, I think the show would feel... a bit more intellectual, maybe? There would probably be a trade off of some high-octane zaniness for more nuanced characterization/smartness. I mean, with a quiet and unassuming type as the center of the group, you'd probably have some scenes where the other group members wonder about what she's planning, and saying things like "Don't worry, she'll come through - She may be a bit introverted, but she always has a great plan!"

Suppose Maki was leader of the group. Maki being a relatively private, down-to-Earth, and serious-minded person would cause other group members to wonder what she's planning, and things might be a bit more lowkey but sharply focused. It would be similar to how Hisa runs her mahjong club in Saki, I think.

Quote:
In any case, I am fairly sure that we will start seeing some competition from other schools. I think the girls performing on the big screen in the first episode will probably start evolving from μ's inspiration to becoming their rivals.
That would make for a very fitting and excellent climax, imo. So I hope you're right.