Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 08:32   Link #4641
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Black Hawk Down really captures my sentiments perfectly: "It's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.""
Hey now, Black Hawk Down is widely regarded as a complete military and intelligence failure. The dispatch of the convoy to the first downed helicopter was also a complete disaster.

Let me put this in simple terms:
Miho upon seeing an incident occurs, as person in command, leaves her post and jumps to action herself --
A) The situation was dangerous (and rehashed via facts and counter-fact below) -- if they could not get out themselves then she would not be able to assist simply by herself and was therefore derelict of her own actual duty
B) The situation was not dangerous and therefore her actions were completely unnecessary -- which means that she did not remain calm in a time of crisis and failed as a leader

So, a military analog, is:
-Platoon leader forsakes their command role and runs out to help someone that may or may not be in danger and leaves their platoon leaderless!

How about a sports analog:
-QB runs back preparing to throw, sees one of his linesmen completely demolished and instead of continuing to play runs over to see if he can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
So you dismiss every bit of evidence presented to you, no matter what.
Do you not notice that you are also dismissing every bit of evidence presented to you no matter what?

Look folks, people keep falling into differing tangents and drawing weak analogies to instances of "safety first!" "protect your comrades!" "ideals!" -- but these are not perfect analogies. Getting led into a strawman argument comparison is not what it's about. The question is this: was Miho's response based on the fact of the matter reasonable? Beyond a doubt? Did she perform her duty? Did she fail to perform her duty?

tl;dr -- Stop getting emotional. It irritates me and I don't like feeling any emotion of any kind. Calm, cold, rational analysis shows that this young girl may not have made the right decision. People's opinions of an ancillary character (Shiho) based on their personal interpretations of that one instance have people acting uncivilized to actual human beings. Think about that, opinions about a show have got people acting poorly, and irrationally, towards other real persons.