View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 14:37   Link #18868
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's unfair to Kinzo to accuse him of all that stuff, basically. Of all the characters in the overall fiction, he is the most heavily fictionalized (on account of only ever appearing in what amounts to biased sources) and the most inconsistently characterized. Being dead, he can't even appear as a piece to defend himself "as himself." We have no fewer than a half-dozen or so portrayals of Kinzo, and no genuinely reliable portrait of him. Worse, we're outright told he's a complex figure, so even if there's elements of truth to all the portrayals, none of them are necessarily perfect.

He is easy to scapegoat. But Beatrice's behavior should already have us leery of scapegoating people. Especially people who can't defend themselves.
Well we're told a lot about Kinzo, but unless the whole sub story is a lie... he lost all credits in my book. Jerk found 10 tons of gold and made insane bets and was lucky. He doesn't deserve any credits to me.

I guess there's a lot more too. We were told he was deep, for instance, by Genji. Genji who said the master was so intelligent and sometimes he couldn't grasp his thoughts... but in truth he's not even really loyal to Kinzo and is the one manipulating him with the whole Shkanon thing.

Ever since arc 7 it's hard to see Kinzo as anything more then a bipolar emo compulsive drunkard with a lot of luck. Unless everything is a lie, but ... I'm not buying that.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote