Thread: What is Gundam?
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-25, 07:42   Link #75
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingtroll
Had I ever said anything about "significant". You seem to always keep that word around. I say they share a few common themes and similarities. I am not sure why you think they are "significantly" similar
In that case, where does "I find it interesting how similar V gundam is to Evangelion" come from?

And if you didn't think that there were only insignificant similarities between Victory and Evangelion, then what's the point of bringing it up in the first place? I could probably find that kind of commonality between Victory and Sailor Moon, or Rose of the Versailles, or Nausicaa, or any number of other shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingtroll
Honestly I don't care much for Tomino, but I keep on raising this to point out your tendency to generalize stuff while not really trying to know what it is. Is fine that you don't care or dont' want to learn about something, but don't talk like you know a lot about them. If I don't know about something and want to talk about it, I will go learn about it. Or, I dont' talk about it at all.
I still haven't seen any reason to doubt my assessment of Tomino as "bitter". If you have a problem with my statements, then you should try attacking my arguments, rather than go about it in this roundabout way.