Thread: What is Gundam?
View Single Post
Old 2006-08-28, 15:03   Link #78
flamingtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
Normally, when someone says "It's interesting how similar A is to B", they're talking about significant similarities between the two. After all, it's hardly "interesting" to find insignificant associations between things.
Well I find the point I raised interesting enough. Funny you still have
provide any read arguments . You cliam that those "insignificant" similarities can be found in various other show. Why don't you show me how it is?

Quote:
It's not my definition that's really in question. It's how you justify saying "A is similar to B". If you're not even trying to claim that there's any significant (read meaningful) similarities between them, then does it not render your entire argument moot?
Well it seems like my "significance" is different from your significance, so I try to not use such a word. Significance is in the eye of the beholder. It is based on their knowledge and experience regarding the subject in discussion. To me, the similarities I point out is significant enough. Therefore, I use the word "some" to be as quantifiable as possible throughout the argument . My arugment isnt moot, beucase my arguement was never "there was 'significant' similarities" in whatever you want as "significance".

If you dont' find the significance, then I don't see why you have to
1. force such a word into my argument and make straw-man arugments.
2. response and OBJECT to a topic that isn't of any significance to you as if you are saying "no your significance is invalid beucase I don't find signficance in it"

Quote:
Your interpretation is incorrect. Seele in Eva was trying to eliminate individuality, while the real leaders of Zanscare were just in it to gain power and to stifle dissent.
Are you trying to make a joke here? "interpretation is incorrect" is almost an oxymoron. What makes your "interpretation" anymore correct?

Just to entertain you with more evidence anyway,

The main architect of Angel Halo, the old guy that was pulling the strings at the back, such as putting Maria as a puppet figure such, has already spoken his real intention in the show near the end, which almost has the same vibe as Lorenz of Seele. Even in Eva we see various people using the situation to achieve thier various objectives. I could look up the episodes and quote them, if that is really needed.

Quote:
My point is that there aren't any real similarities between Sailor Moon and Victory. I'm sure that if I tried hard enough, I could find some convoluted argument to show some, but that's called desperation.
Of course it will be convoluted, beucase that entire statement is just an empty slippery slope, that doesnt even have much of a basis to build on. And even if you did find non trivial similarities, that does not invalidate the statement that Eva is similar to V gundam. So in essence, your "point" is no point at all.

Quote:
Actually, this is a tactic normally just used by people who don't have any real arguments themselves.
It works for hypocrites who pretend they know what they are talking about, and can only cite as much as stardestroyer.net can offer.
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote