View Single Post
Old 2007-04-20, 03:11   Link #1474
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It's mostly that now I get to hear about what a great idea for an ad-campaign this was for the entirety of the weekend across the internet, knowing that all it is is a still picture with the characters made to look like Lucky Star characters with no logical context for it being so.
I think its more cross-reference incestual advertising than anything else. Kind of like, oh I don't know, a Seinfeld dream sequence where everyone is dressed like a character on Star Trek. Wouldn't it be funny if we had characters from Show X dress and act like Show Y.

Yeah, its funny the first few times.... but at best its just silly after that (not in a good way).
I think I saw dozens of "take the characters (like from Nanoha) and have them in a line shaking their fingers and wiggling their hips" and I'm not even sure what the hell show *that* was supposed to be riffing from.

"change getter" ... several people picked up on it (though I think mostly over on the MT forum). Its pretty clear that Kona has special reverence for the "classics" and that no one around her has any idea what she is talking about half the time. Come on, Kaoshin, you ought to relate very strongly to Konata