View Single Post
Old 2010-08-01, 21:10   Link #37
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I think their main concern is being there for Clare (and if they can't be there cheering her on, close enough form her to sense them is enough). Even if this is the end for Clare it's like having a friend dying at a hospital... you just wanna be there for them no matter how much it hurts you. Especially with a friend like Clare who's saved their asses tons of times, that's the kinda friend you risk your life for just to be with them at the end.
-Yeah, there is that but there is also Clare's wishes of wanting them to run while there was still time. However I suppose I have to concede the point, Deneve, Helen and the rest are not the sort of people who would listen to their comrade in arms and close friend when they trow themselves into the Devil's maw (so to speak). All the more reason I don't want Priscilla to be victorious here. She can live, but she had better be pushed towards her breaking point with this fight. Because if she doesn't, then you know a Dragon-kin is coming into the fray soon enough. There are no other known foes that could match her otherwise.

Quote:
I doubt they're there to pick off Priscilla if she losses (they know the odds of pulling that off especially given there conditions)... also if Priscilla wins that easily and wants them dead what point is there in running back to Miria and Rabona (or anywhere else for that matter). They'll never make it in time and even if they did all they'd do is bring Priscilla to the rest of there friends.
-Actually, I was more leaning towards them not being able to evade her period, before they could even make it to Labona. The Ghosts are exghausted and if the Clare Destroyer loses, then there are not even those parasitic creatures to slow Priscilla down. Granted, they did a poor job of that before but at least it provided a distraction. That's why I said if they wanted to escape, they should have done so the moment Priscilla's attention went to the Clare Destroyer.

Quote:
They may also wanna put Clare down if she losses her mental fight (though I suspect they really don't wanna even think about that at the moment). I suspect they might also be wanting reassurances that Clare can keep her mind after merging, since to them resisting there awakened side is HOPE and witnessing an event even harder to pull off than what Clare did in Pieta would be a godsend.
-If histroy has taught us anything, its that Clare is very special, even amongst the Ghosts. Something tells me that Clare's mental wedge is the key to bringing her back to human form after the battle has done its course. We saw it for ourselves that no matter how hard Clare tried to awaken, the wedge reverted her back. So, cross your fingers and hope for the best I suppose.