View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 20:18   Link #63
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
No, the example would be a heavyweight boxer vs lightweight boxer. Kakashi's fights usually end by him running out of chakra or the other guys jutsu being stronger because he has a bloodline.
"Because he has a bloodline" is a poor excuse. There have been thousands of Uchiha but only a handful are powerful enough to threaten an entire army. There are countless bloodline users in this world, most of them are just as fodder material as the rest of the rabble, only a select few are so gifted that they become demigod among men.
Quote:
I didn't compare Kabuto and Itachi, i compared Itachi and Sasuke, how they reacted to Kabuto's attacks. Let's say a greater genius and a lesser one
But since you mention it, Itachi did outsmart Kabuto when Kabuto tried to eat Sasuke and also by letting him believe that he could sense where Kabuto is. It's because of Itachi's genius that they survived until the point where Itachi could activate Izanami
Your definition of outsmarting is always incredibly flimsy when Itachi is concerned. He guessed who Kabuto was going to aim for first, which is hardly impressive really, and he never made Kabuto believe he was a sensor. Kabuto thought he might be because he had found his location and Itachi simply told him he wasn't. No outsmarting anything here, I'm guessing your love of Itachi made you remember this differently.
The Uchiha bro fight had no clever plan nor devious move. Itachi survived mostly because he was a powerful undead with a convenient ability.

Quote:
Well apparently my definition of genius is more based on how someone can perform in a ninja battle relative to his abilities while yours is more about how strong someone managed to become. Also i do not count physical abilities like having a rinnegan eye as being a genius. I mean a child Nagato killing a chuunin with his rinnegan doesn't mean he was a genius.
As a ninja being a genius is about how easily you can gather and how far you can take your abilities. It doesn't take a genius to have a Sharingan (although it arguably takes potential and a gifted body in the first place) but it does take a genius to take this ability to such height that the rest of the world cower in fear in your shadow.
Any jutsu, bloodline or not, is just a tool in the hands of someone.

Also you do count physical abilities as part of being a genius. What do you think Shikamaru and Kakashi's higher IQ is? They are smarter than nearly anyone and they use this innate ability to their advantage.
Just as they were born smarter there are people who are naturally stronger, tougher or faster. People like Nagato, Sasuke, Itachi and many others are natural born ninja. Naruto learned in a few day what Jiraiya couldn't master in a life time, that's what make them exceptional.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote