View Single Post
Old 2007-01-16, 08:07   Link #139
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In the arena of .... "I'm spending too money much on this hobby and can't keep track" ... a Nanoha figure arrived today that I did not recall ordering. It was the GoodSmile "full bore kickass" Nanoha --- and I'm glad I ordered it

Very dynamic posing, the face is decent (not as grim as I'd like), the energy feathers are translucent and the dress fabric hang makes me feel like I should run a fan for flutter effect. The *only* complaint I have is that this is the first model that does not use a transparent red plastic for RH's core ball. Its painted (though hardly noticeable amongst all the energy flair). The funny thing is that my favorite part is her shoes... they have the heft and bulk of tank boots (like the anime) rather than the flimsier things the other models have.

Made it easy to pack up "bland Nanoha" for ebay ... I now have two Fates and two Nanoha that will be fun to display.
My new masterpiece has arrived It looks better than your photos Damn, it looks better than the shop photos, too And I second the shoes comment. They get noticed pretty fast. You get this "get out of my way or I'll crush you" feeling from the shoes I hope she doesn't try to be friends with my other figures, I've paid a lot to see them reduced to piles of plastic debris

@Xellos-_^ I've left some comments for you in the general Anime Figure thread