View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 15:48   Link #13
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Less we forget one of the first missions in Morrowind is to clear out a pantry of giant rats...that can kick your level 1-2 ass .

But, yeah I would hope a more Morrowind-esque approach is taken in the new game, especially with the side characters. Anyone else remember the little message that would pop up when a main plot character died in Morrowind? I forget the exact wording, but it was more or less, "Oops, Character X has died, now this reality is doomed. Sorry." Hopefully they bring back major NPC deaths in the new game, because that was always fun .
Haha yeah, and the mudcrabs back then could totally whoop your ass if they ganged up on you.

Ofcourse I remember
It was something along the lines of:
Quote:
With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed.
Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate,
or persist in the doomed world you have created.
And indeed, it was totally gay that in Oblivion you couldn't actually kill any vital NPC's.
I want to reign blood and murder damnit.

And another thing is that the quest rewards in Oblivion were all scaled towards your own level.
So if you were level 5 and got a "super awesome ring"
It would give like +1 sneak instead of a level 50 ring with +80 sneak

In Morrowind you could get legendary swords that, if possesed by you, could whipe out entire continents.

I remember back in the day when Bloodmoon was released, I got my ass handed to me by all the shit that wanted me dead in Solsteim.
After that I went to get the Spear of Bitter Mercy.

With it, I owned every NPC's face.

Good times, good times,

Argonians forever!

Last edited by Kaze; 2010-12-12 at 16:21.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote