View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 08:42   Link #481
Erroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.L View Post
You know what they say: if you can't make it as an artist, you become a teacher. :P No, what I really want to say is: NO ONES OPINION IS UNQUALIFIED.
I believe I'm entitled to call my own opinion unqualified. I said my friend was qualified to give artistic critiques which is she as she does so professionally. No, she didn't give a complete detailed critique on the technique of the piece because she was doing a friend a quick favor while she had the time.

I never said everyone's opinion was unqualified just my own. I can look at a piece and say 'I like it' or 'I don't like it.' but I can't draw and have no concept of what it takes to create a picture. I'm not qualified to comment on technique. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I also never said she wasn't a professional artist as well as an art teacher. I only mentioned her background as a teacher as a way of saying she gives artistic critique as part of her career. Those who can't, teach but those who can create great art and pass on what they know.
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote