View Single Post
Old 2009-07-08, 02:12   Link #121
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I actually found this episode more interesting than the last. It picked up where it left off and built on it with both the characters and what exactly Urin released, and so what if it has magical girl elements and it's not all 100% slice of life. Thing is, I've seen so many cookie cutter slice of life shows that just don't even bother to do anything the slightest bit outside of the popular formula (You could say I find SOL just as formulaic lately as Magical Girl or any other handful of genres are capable of being), that I see this series attempt to meld a slow relaxed pace with well animated magical girl combat a magnificent breath of fresh air. Somehow it does work.

Besides, we'll still probably get to see all of those events you normally see in a modern slice of life series. They're near a beach so you can have the beach episode, they are near a shopping strip so if need be they can have that one too, there are moeish girls dominating the cast and representing all of the usual favourites (one happy go lucky, one loli, one kind of sassy), it's all still there, but with a twist. I like twists (however minor), they keep me interested. For how much longer I don't know, but I'm just grateful that this show at least for now is likely not to be tempted to fall back into the commonly popular slice of life stylings of the now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote