View Single Post
Old 2011-11-24, 23:53   Link #51
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Canada, namely Vancouver. Given it's coastal town and Vancouver being mini Hollywood can result in a quicker "culture shifts" than other countries/cities. I just noticed lately our city has been getting a net loss of anime/manga fans. Meaning more older veterans are leaving the genre and certain sources are closing down. Making anime a smaller industry than it was before. It isn't dead but definitely on the decline. This year made me feel anime has been hit pretty hard by certain ordinances in Japan restricting creativity and the potential appeal of new anime titles.

It is harder to sell a fanservice over here than a non-fanservice title after all and I could name a variety of causes and anwsers to the problem
Curious as to what sources you're thinking of. I do most of my shopping online so I'm not that aware of the local retail scene.

Quote:
My problem is trying to even talk about certain titles over here, the internet community I have been in fosters the idea that liking mainstream anime is abhorrent. They would rather watch some fanservice/harem anime which will never be allowed discussion elsewhere and the mere mention will result in being shunned by the average anime fan who is creeped out by your interest in such anime and manga which have less discussion value than normal anime.
To be honest, I remember my university anime club being kind of factionalized in terms of what series people would discuss.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote