View Single Post
Old 2012-01-22, 08:36   Link #100
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Personally, I'm not too bothered by the whole Ashley-Sherry affair, but I don't like the idea of the timeline being spread too far apart (2008-2013)... Both Leon and Chris aren't getting any younger...

At the same time, I hope "ten years from Raccoon City" isn't being too literal, there's no reason why the story can't continue pass RE5 given how every other Terror Cell in the world could easily get their hands on bioweapons.
I just want the story of RE to get its proper treatment of all the existing subplots it has built, their characters and lastly, a proper closure.

I never liked the whole 'Umbrella got shut down off-screen' thing RE4 did, and never will. It felt to me that it was extending the story in various ways without actually giving the Umbrella story its appropriate end.

It was like "oops, we had too many survivors with anti-Umbrella vendetta. Can't make a game with all of them, so let's kill Umbrella off-screen and pretend Barry/Carlos/etc doesn't exist outside just mini-games."

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote