View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 23:03   Link #739
Rainrir
Tin Can

@Baki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I have never heard of Baki; is there some sort of list of manga series that I should be reading?
It depends. Baki is....pretty intense to say the least. The art style seems to remind me more of the old style gekiga than what you typically see in manga nowadays. It is pretty violent though, and somewhat exaggerated sometimes (in a bad way for me, but others find it awesome).

@Sinbad

Well, Al Sarmen calls him an anomaly, he is 7/5 Magoi according to the guidebook. That puts him in the massively broken tier already no? However, Alibaba would probably top that...maybe...eventually? That is, if 3 + 4 = 7...

I do think Sinbad is really half fallen, in the sense that he never asked for his current life? I mean he seems to be King because he has to, not because he wants to. Plus ,who knows what he has lost on this journey, maybe he never recovered from that? After all, a King's life is a lonely one, and him being born with such great power....I wonder if it brought him any happiness...or just disaster after disaster.

@Titus, Weak?

I am not so sure about that. After all, he is facing death. People can say all they want, but I think alot of people will shit their pants when faced with unavoidable death. I think it is pretty normal to want to live, especially since Titus is so...young and has something to live for...yet he is cursed to be a disposable tool.

I mean Titus is like that little kid with cancer, not all of them are angelic and resigned and kind like them TV Marquees. Quite a few of them actually want to live and hate how their lives are set in stone already...

@Black Rukh

Black Rukh's just a tool I guess? I mean, there is a difference in learning how to use Black Rukh, and watching people you care about falling into it. In a way, it is kind of like nuclear technology, learning how to harness it and actually using it to nuke people are two different things. It seems the magocracy is just trying to expand its power and knowledge...at any cost (like a certain nation-that-can't-be-named).

@Moganett
Thus continues the streak that shows us that he is really interested in helping Titus, regardless of him being a spy or not. If only he isn't so extremist on the goi... (called it!). Anyway, lolimagi has thrown the gaunlet at Moganett, so I suppose we might get to see him being rolfstomped by lolimagi as Aoihige hoped..though he seem to held himself quite well when he drove lolimagi out of Titus. It seems everyone wants Magoshuatt just because of its magical might and its location though...for the eventual war between Laem and Kou. Tough being a small state in a neighbourhood of superpowers.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-12-01 at 23:26.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote