View Single Post
Old 2009-04-16, 08:39   Link #1663
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Seikan Hikou is complete and utter fast food music, defending this would be like seeing someone on a hiphop forum defend Souja Boy's latest "amazing masterpiece" and saying it's good because it's in the charts You're acting like Seikan Hikou is a brilliant song that's overlooked because hardly anyone here likes Ranka, you're acting like it's Kaiba's Never.

And for the record my fav song in the series is Do You Remember Love: Bless the Little Queen so I guess your shipping theory goes flying out the window with me... that and Ranka's What About My Star are in my top 5. Aimo Birdman (waaaaay better than the original, o.c and sheryls) is another massive favorite of mine. Oh wait I forgot I'm biased
Well, there's undoubtedly biasness involved. You may not see it in one person, but when the poll results show a divide between the two characters, one claiming the top half, the other in the bottom half, its hard to argue that there's no biasness involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Then your whole "defamation campaign" against Mamegu goes right out of the window. No one here's trashing her. I, for one, just don't like to be told what I can or can't like, based on my background or place of residence - because I just don't understand japanese music. If you can't see the difference, you're welcome to your own ignorance, then.
And that's where you're overreacting.

I never said foreigners should like or dislike which. I only stated that foreigners will never fully grasp the meaning of Japanese music if they do not know the language.

I'm not tell you that you cannot like or dislike anything you don't understand. I'm only telling you that you disliked something you didn't understand, at the same time, you yourself are liking other things you don't fully understand as well.

You see, I'm only agreeing to what the Japanese pointed out:

Biasness involved - Yes I think there's biasness involved seeing the results of the poll.
Not understanding Japanese music - Yes I believe foreigners don't really understand what they hearing from Japanese music.

Its not like I'm arguing that everyone hates and is bashing one character, I'm only saying there's a certain degree of biasness. I didn't say that people cannot like or dislike something, more or less than another, even if you don't understand it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote