View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 20:10   Link #441
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Yeah but it's much more pronounced in Xros Wars. Like the time when Shoutmon saved Greymon and MailBirdramon all by himself.
Again not really, since Xros Wars would outright nerf the all the digimon that Shoutmon went up against. It wasn't really that Shoutmon was truly stronger more like the story wanted him to win.

Look no further than its treatment of Lucemon and Lilithmon for an example of how Xros Wars nerfed enemy digimon to make our protagonists win. Those two digimon separately have the power to destroy a world and for Lucemon fall down mode and Chaos mode to be nerfed the way he was just just sad.

When you do something like this it isn't experience when the writer brought down his enemy to his level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
My point being, there is a point in the majority of Digimon universes where a Digimon will HAVE to evolve in order to win, and will never win unless they figure out a way to evolve.

I just prefer the system in Xros Wars where your guys can still kick some ass without having to evolve or DigiXros.

I never said (or meant to say) that evolution in the OTHER series is inferior to DigiXros. It's more or less the same thing actually. In Xros Wars, Super Evolution was like this big huge power boost over DigiXros. Whereas in Xros Hunters, all of this was inverted. For example, OmegaShoutmon could beat Tactimon, which earlier on required a (struggling) X5. Later on, Super Evolution became more awesome with Shoutmon DX. Whereas in Hunters it's pretty clear that X4 is apparently MUCH stronger than Arresterdramon. It just doesn't click with me.

What I'm saying is, the great power gap between an unevolved digimon and an evolved digimon suddenly became almost negligible inbetween seasons.
Again that's not true, even back in Adventure you would still have lower level digimon defeating higher level digimon after they gained the experience to do so. And Adventure itself is preceded by V-Tamer by a year. Most (cause I haven't read all of them) digimon manga also follow this rule. Even 02 as bad as it was followed this rule. And all of them did it without nerfing the enemy digimon. So again, Adventure did it, 02 did it, Tamers reveled in it, Frontier dabbed in it, and Savers lived in it, all without throwing out the evolution line system, and not nerfing the enemy digimon to make make the main digimon appear strong. This is why Shoutmon is not really considered all that powerful since the digimon he went up against weren't as strong as they should have been.

Well that's you, the Xros system itself is full of holes, and lacks rules. Trust me Bandai will treat this the same way they treated Armor and Spirit evolution, they will assign Shoutmon and all his forms a level, and then they will abandon it.

Because the writer himself didn't define his own system, or at least didn't know how to add rules to it, since in Xros Wars it didn't have any rules. This is the reason I don't prefer it.

And for the record Xros War's explanation for super evolution was the description for normal evolution.

What I'm saying is this Digi Xros is ill defined at best, which isn't helped by the fact that the "higher level" digimon were made weaker in this season in order to make the protagonist appear stronger. It did not properly handle the showcasing of experience, and strategy being triumphant over raw power.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote