Thread: Licensed Kaze no Stigma
View Single Post
Old 2007-03-19, 20:52   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Going a bit offtopic, I thought Kiddy Grade's storyline was pretty good, and the show could've been extremely good if it weren't for Keiji Gotoh's absurdly pathetic directing skills. And, with the prospect of the movies and the sequel being directed by him again, I've got very low expectations on it.

Other than that, what bothers me more about GONZO is its erratic budget for some shows. Watch episodes 9 to 17 of Last Exile and suffer the pain. I've also seen it in a couple of shows more, like NHK ni Youkoso! and Solty Rei. Even Gankutsuou had its low budget points.
Oh right the Yashigani episode of NHK where they are meeting with the Inchou in her house and everybody is missing detail and each movement looks like its done with like 5 frames of animation total. I hope that doesn't happen here. It worries me that it happens with Solty Rei because I'm interested in seeing that. Okay and finally, aren't the Kiddy Grade movies supposed to fix the plot holes and contradictions by compressing it down into a tighter storyline that doesn't feel like a timeline with 2 or more seperate sets of facts happening at the same time.

Yes the one thing you get with studios this big is that the quality can often vary quite drastically when its passed around between different teams like a game of broken telephone line. (schoolyard game simulating the deterioration of an original message as it passes from messenger to messenger, like long distance telephone lines in the old days)
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote