View Single Post
Old 2007-08-23, 00:00   Link #1098
Chudley
Silver-eyed Lion King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's a weak excuse. Since he leads from the front, it's quite possible for Lelouch to catch a bullet; in which case everything that he fought for would be for naught. More prosaically, he could have simply been rendered incommunicado; and as we say, without direct guidance from their leader, the Black Knights are sort of useless.
Yea he leads from the front, in his Gawain that is capable of flight and has overpowered cannons to boot. Any incoming missiles and aerial attacks are pretty much useless in front of the Hardron cannons. Before episode 25, the only other knightmare frame capable of aerial combat was Lancelot and Zero already had plans for it. With Lancelot out of the picture, i could very well say that the chances of Gawain getting shot down were close to nil. If you discount Nunally's abduction (which was completely unexpected), Zero would have stayed till the end and led the OoBK to victory (yea even after Orange enters the picture).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't think that that comparison is correct. Without Nunally, Lelouch wouldn't even be fighting in the first place, and the entire situation would be sort of moot.
My point here is that for Euphemia, Cornelia would be willing to go to extremes. Just like how Lelouch had no qualms abandoning the OoBK for Nunally. Remember how Cornelia sacrificed all her air troops just to lure Zero in (so that she can personally exact revenge on him)? I'm sure that if Cornelia was in Lelouch's shoes and Euphemia was the one abducted, she'll do exactly what Lelouch did.
Chudley is offline   Reply With Quote