View Single Post
Old 2011-01-15, 07:31   Link #890
magnuskn

Here we go for episode 12.

- I kinda miss the Zentraedi... and I mean the old Zentraedi, not the already completely cultured ones like Klan and Nene. They were much more interesting antagonists than the Vajra.

- I still have to lol at Nanases bento.

- Ogothwai is just as much of a gentleman as Vlrthwai. I hope he survived the events of next episode...

- At least the guns and uniforms of the Zentradi factions are color coded for your convenience.

- Ah, if only Nanase wouldn't have ceded authority to Ranka on Ai-kun... how many lives would have been possibly saved?

- And here, at 10:00, is in my opinion the moment when Alto realized that, yes, Sheryl truly had fallen in love with him and wasn't toying with him anymore.

- Beautiful eyecatch.

- If those Zentradi would have any sense, they'd go "Meltrans! Meltrans! Meltrans!" I guess they are still stuck in their pre-pubescent phase.

- I will give the guys at Satelight that the impromptu concert was one of the greatest scenes of the series... and one, if not the highpoint of Rankas heroism. Never again would she demonstrate the kind of maturity she showed here and in her decision to go against her brothers wishes to save her friends.

- And here we got that scene which I think Karice meant when she said that here lies the answer to wether Alto is sincere or not. Well, my interpretation of it is that Alto was emotionally distraught by Yasaburos manipulations, but got here a sudden inspiration that one can choose their own destiny... like those Zentraedi down below who stopped fighting when Ranka showed up to show them a better way.

- I think that scene where Grace ( pretty maliciously ) manipulates Sheryl into resenting Ranka is well done... but in the end it didn't come to anything. Sheryl never really became bitter about Rankas success, she only resented a bit that she herself didn't have that special power. And even barely at that.

- Well, Alto was forced by Michael to take note that Ranka has some feelings for him. And, yeah, I think he does reciprocate them somewhat here and next episode. But that didn't last.

- Heh, I remember well that this was the last episode for a few weeks and the boards went wild ( especially at Macross World ) over the Macross-type ship on Gallia 4.