View Single Post
Old 2006-10-29, 15:21   Link #214
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTz View Post
...Now I have a dilemma. I have one more class that I physically go to (the other two are online) which is Math 135 Precal and after the third exam, I am averaging a 56.5%. The thing is, I barely ever go to class and I never study. In fact, I only show up when there are exams to take. I am completely uninterested in school right now, the only reason I am doing fine in my online classes is because I can stay at home and log on from my computer. Anyways, I need to know whether or not I should drop this class for a 'W' or keep it while trying to get a passing grade with a very high chance of earning an 'F'. Also, how will this effect my future? If I decide to go on to a university will they even accept me after looking at my transcripts and seeing these four shining 'W's, not to mention having three in one semester? Would it be better to just take the 'F'? I really don't know what to do and I'm killing myself over being so stupid and slacking off in school. I have two days to decide what to do because the last day to even drop a class is coming up....
F is much worse than a W. At least a W can be explained to college/uni in a letter or whatever, make some bullshit up. But a F is a F.

Next matter... you need a goal. Without a goal to aim for, your willpower and brain won't understand why you're taking this punishment for, as a result, it reflects in your grades.

Why are you in college? To get a job or a career? There's a difference between the two. Every boss has tons of people who show up to work just for the paycheck, and others who love their careers and enjoy what they do. Find out what you're trying to shoot for, and set that as your major goal. To reach that major goal, start breaking it down and determine what mini goals you need to accomplish to reach that.

If you're uncertain what career to aim for, then try many different classes. See what perks your interest. See your career developement center, they have surveys/systems to determine what potential careers fall into your skills or personality.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote