View Single Post
Old 2008-09-27, 06:50   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Blackwing Lair...ugh...no raid instance invokes more anger in me than that one. I only did it because I got into one of the high-end guilds just before AQ came out. That instance was insanely unfair on Warriors. As novel an idea as Vaelstrasz was, as well as the element drakonids...making plate users suffer even more was very stupid. The loot quality in BL was bad as well.
I'm actually disagreeing here. BWL actually begun to change radically the way of instance bosses and such.
IN MB, aside of Ragnaros (which was style extremely ridiculous in fixed pattern, yet some random component), the rest of the bosses were awfully fixed.

They did some stuff about lore, but also versatile and changing pattern in BWL, even with some of the trash (the shifting weakness drakonids etc). Of course, boss like Chromagus were a bit annoying for their length, but Vael was at least something on the good way, despite the indeed annoying "mandatory death toll".

The loots were actually extremely good, at the given time. Speaking as a warrior, even if fury warriors weren't exactly gifted at that time (battling like nuts with rogues or even with hunters for the chromatic sword), MS and prot warriors could get serious stuff (bulkwark and ashkandi, to say the least).
These were actually up, compared to Molten Core "epics".
Quote:
Things finally headed in the right direction in AQ. The fights were novel and fun. Ouro and The Twin Emperors are still in my top 5 of all time, those really sorted out the pros and the scrubs. C'Thun was a real downer. But loot finally began to work for more classes. Even though the lore was iffy, I didn't mind the atmosphere or what they were trying to do. AQ20 was a good concept but wasn't executed well.
To be quite honest, I believe that AQ was extremely tiresome despite Blizz changed the direction of the instances.
The trash mobs in AQ were extremely painful, quick rewpawning and not really fun (especially the stupid spiked splash knock back).

Aside of The emperor and "maybe" C'thun, the rest of the bosses were extremely meh and gear dependant. Startura was extremely stupid, Fankriss was a freeloot, and Huhuran was a silly gear check.
Quote:
Naxxramas - very good instance. But being released so close to TBC release was a bad idea. I am looking forward to seeing this instance again.
I think that Naxxramas was the best instance they could provide, granted if they could fix the huge toll on Taddius (lag fest etc).
Even some zerking boss encounter like Gothik, Patchwerk and Faerlina were actually" fun" considering how it was not so straightforward and not ultimately "you fail at gear, kkthx bye bye".

Razovious was pretty much like vael, a very nice first experience, especially if you didn't spoil yourself (the first wipe because razovious just one shotted the MT was probably one of the most amusing (not sarcastic) wipe in raid I could remember of).

And of course, the ruthless yet clockwork and great 4 horsemen, though I hope for those who still play for WotLK that the event will get more polished triggers etc.
Quote:
PvP before TBC was just a joke. Play virtually non-stop for 3 months to get your PvP set and then stop playing....I don't think so....What was the point?! You can't deny that PvP finally became a proper alternative to raiding in TBC and that casual gamers finally had a reason to play. Heroics and proper PvP rewards...they were a very good addition, as were the dailies. The #1 complaint I hear from people that don't play is that WoW is too time consuming and that you have to be a hardcore raider. TBC adressed that issue to a degree.
You can say it is the inherent problem with MMORPG in general.
Quote:
I never expected lore to be of much siginificance in TBC, so I was never disappointed. And frankly, I enjoyed seeing the Draenei more than Blood Elves. Belfs simply superseded Undead as my preferred gank targets. If anything, the one part of mid-late TBC that annoyed me was "MORE Belf instances/zones?!" They just became overused.
That is probably because of the "legolas wannabee" that everyone expected the very moment they announced the blood elves. I still have hard time to swallow about the forsaken back when WoW was a its premises, but BE weren't exactly anything better than a forceful attempt to add paladins to the horde instead of balancing paladins and shamans so they can provide equal advantages without unabalance (which blizz failed big time).