View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 12:05   Link #35
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
I don't represent anyone but myself.
Then why did you say "we" and "(For the L/N readers)"?

Quote:
It has nothing to do with dealing with it, because it's nothing new and will continue to happen unfortunately.
The point I wanted to make is that it all depends on the ingenuity of the anime staff knowing the source material is already "gold" and thus it doesn't need any butchering, rushing/pacing issues and anime original filler/ending, because it will not do the original content justice.
Yes, it will continue to happen. And that's because that's how adaptations work. You make it sound like you want a translation (which is impossible), and not an adaptation.

Quote:
Examples of good "faithfull" adaptations are Death Note, Monster and Cross Game.
Your examples of good "faithful" adaptations are invalid in this case. Death Note, Monster, and Cross Game are all manga. Sword Art Online is a light novel series. There's a massive difference between those two entertainment mediums; the latter is much more difficult to adapt simply because there's more material to adapt, while the former is easier to adapt because a lot of the story is told through visual images. Of course, that's no excuse for a poor adaptation. Just because material gets cut doesn't imply, in anyway, that it's a poor adaptation. They simply can't leave it as is. That's not how adaptations work.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote