Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 02:18   Link #1769
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
snip.
she was not in the COMMAND TANK she was commanding the FLAG TANK. as i've said not enough info on that situation, so where the hell is Maho? if she's not then what the hell is she doing far away from the action? either way that would be a tactical blunder on her part (at least more than Miho's), certainly not enough to cast blame on anyone, (also command stays with Maho as they do have radio, and no indication that they were cut off)

angles, inclinations & elevations, impassibility would definitely be part of a military map, it's stupid to use just any regular map. in fact in the saunders match they were talking about elevations and such). I'm not from a tank battalion, but from the Rangers, but definitely tank battalions cant have maps any worse than the Rangers use do they?
I agree that not EVERYTHING can be seen in the MAP, as features are always changing. but as i've said before Scouting is the main commanders responsibility, even if there were new things, the fact is the flag tank was there and Maho knows it, any new info could easily be referred to Maho by radio. So Maho definitely gave the OK for that situation, and may even be her command. the sitaution is not plainly Miho & company tring to advance beside a river on a narrow path. you don't even know why they are there, where they are coming from, or what they are trying to accomplish. are they trying to escape?, are they trying to attack? what?

in fact in a three tank unit as they have there, and forced into a single line they were positioned properly. (just like what they did with the PzIV - 38T - STUGIII combi against saunders) with one tank guarding the flag tank in front & one at the back. since they were not sure (and we are not sure) if the enemy could come up from behind. It was mere bad luck that the first shot against the front tank caused it to slide into the river.

and then if you one of the tanks guarding Miho's flag tank leave them to scout ahead then you'd leave the flag open to either the front or the back. Maho should have sent one of the other Tanks for that task, way before Miho got there.

*** an addition to the concern of what Maho's crew were doing after she left, I noticed that their turrent/Gun wasn't even pointing front. I guess they really just froze instead of returning fire. Momo might even have done better at that situation with her Ute! Ute! Ute! attitude LOL
of course she wont hit >.< guess not... she might hit their other tank

oh well enough of this, Maho & Miho both are still cool for me.^^ I think it might even have been as one other poster said, some king of dirty tactic used by Pravda. well we'll find out in the coming episodes
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote