View Single Post
Old 2009-08-15, 04:38   Link #2587
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

koda wants you(r balls on a silver platter), join gg today!
gg is currently looking for a translator for Kobato because I am a gigantic CLAMP fag. Works begins when Kobato airs on October 8th. To get in touch with someone regarding employment, PM the person with ~ in #gg on Rizon, or you can PM me on AnimeSuki.

Being a member of gg is very serious business, so let me give you some guidelines.
  • We prefer to release in 24-some hours because we're speedsubbing faggots. This means your translation should be done well before this hour marker.
    • The majority of the group - including the group leader - is going to go play Aion in September so obviously we'll get more lenient come September.
  • We expect you to translate the whole series and do it in some time frame.
  • We softsub.
  • We <3 drama.
  • We use IRC and we expect you to use it too.
  • It is important that you fit in with the rest of the group because there's like a 5-6 day period when we're not subbing shit every week.
  • To help you get to know us a little:
    • We like FABULOUS.
    • We enjoy spamming kaomoji such as (;¯‿¯) after every sentence.
    • MMO'ing is the preferred group activity (though I am up for Monopoly on that crappy web based java browser client every now and then).
    • We support Dominos as our pizza place.
    • It helps if you like Code Geass because everyone in gg has either not seen Code Geass or thinks it's the funniest anime ever made.
  • A Japanese to English translator is preferred, but we prefer that you're an awesome Japanese to English translator and not some dude who's taken like 2yrs of high school Japanese and thinks he can translate when in reality a Chinese to English translator would be better.
  • "TL Note: Keikaku means plan."-esque thought is for irony, not srsness.
  • Any of the above, below, to the left or to the right can change at any given time because we're moody emo people.

We are also open to joints where you provide the translator but the above guidelines still apply.