View Single Post
Old 2004-05-05, 15:56   Link #49
Itlandm
Porcupine

I can't help but compare this anime to "Happy World", as both have the same basic plot idea: Inexperienced angel becomes human girl to stay close to grumpy boy and protect him from sadness, but actually cause great embarassment.

After watching the first episode of "Happy World" I wrote a glowing review because of the show's potential. Then in episode two of that show instead of toning down the ecchi fanservice, they toned down everything else and left me deeply disappointed.

In contrast, Pita Ten is very humble, starting off as a simple children's anime (although one for older children). Yet it pulls off the plot much better. Yes, the characters are stereotypes, but they are given enough personality to do the job. And better yet, we get to know a little more about them now and then.

The series hardly soars to touch its mythical potential, but neither does it fall down in the gutter. It fulfills its promise to be a humorous series about a bunch of kids on the last steps of childhood, and it does it very well.

I enjoyed the songs also, to the point that I would probably have bought the CD if it had been for sale in my country (Norway).