View Single Post
Old 2009-02-10, 15:31   Link #202
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciste View Post
How close is the anime following the novel? I mean, besides some minor, not really important changes, cause you can't convert it 1:1. That's logical/granted.
But, aside from that, is it overall the "same" or not?
The anime is "following the novels" but in a highly compressed "reader's digest" way - fast even for an anime adaptation. Lets face it, trying to fit 10 novels into 25 episodes is a daunting task. In that respect, they're doing a fairly good job though it colors some of the motivations at various points.

Quote:
Since the series will end on March 26th, ca. 2 weeks after the novel finished, can we expect the same ending/conclusion for both, novel and anime?
What do you think?

Just curious.
Given what we have seen so far... its a pretty good bet that the novel and anime will sync up all the way to the end. At this point, I'd be surprised in a very unpleasant way if they took a sudden turn away from the novels.

At any rate, the last published novel is a cliff hanger ending so after the christmas arc we'll be spending the last 5 episodes on what builds up to that and the volume 10 revelation. I suspect there will be a very high level of event compression but we'll see if the anime can construct a credible subset of those events on its own.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-10 at 16:08.