View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 00:09   Link #120
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I bet she knows Irisu is manipulating/lying to Houtarou. She herself may came up with such a method. But that doesn't matter. I think Irisu was reporting to his sister the final outcome. She has to mention that she failed to cover it up.
Well, if so, starting off with "I feel sorry for him" is awfully weird.

Wouldn't a more natural way to start off with be "I do have some bad news, though, senpai. Your brother figured things out, I'm afraid." and then get to the "I feel sorry..." part?

So I think that a.ta.shi also already knows that Oreki knows the truth.

Quote:

Her "I feel sorry.." is a part of the damage control she did so Tomoe don't hate her.
There's no indication from those first three lines that Tomoe is upset in the slightest. Where's the need for damage control?

From what I can make out, Tomoe knows everything about Oreki's part in this, and she's not expressing anger over that part of it. Which makes sense if Tomoe was "in" on this, at least for the most part. In which case, Irisu already knows that Tomoe is somebody that's fine with her brother being manipulated.

Edit: On the handshake issue. I just watched that. Well, I'm not sure what to make out of it. Oreki himself was surprised by the gesture I think. Perhaps Irisu shook his hand as a symbol of finality and accomplishment? In the hopes that he'd put the movie out of his mind now, and not dig any deeper?

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-07-06 at 00:22.