Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 17:46   Link #1398
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I finally watched the episode and it was pretty good, and BUNNIES and FOXES and TINY WHITE MICE and all that... But again I can't follow the theories. Why does everyone insist that Shiro must be "the real Weissmann"? Their swords don't look alike at all... Poor Shiro, everyone wants him to be some other character.

Then again, there are very few Japanese seiyuu who speak fluent German. (Ironically enough, Weissman's seiyuu Kakihara Tetsuya can speak fluent German, having lived in Germany for much of his life.)

I know heavily accented [insert language here] sounds weird, but must people make such a big deal out of it every time it happens in anime? :/ They can't exactly pick up tourists from the street to voice act in a show, not even for a few sentences,* and the target audience doesn't really care anyway. And seriously, how is this any more ridiculous than say, Lucy Liu's attempts at Japanese in Kill Bill?

(*And when they do put some effort into it people still don't appreciate it, re: Senkou no night raid. They went through the trouble to find native speakers to voice most of the foreign characters, and coach the main characters in the languages involved, yet people continued to bitch about how much Yoshino Hiroyuki and Namikawa Daisuke sucked at Chinese/German/Russian. And as for the native speakers, it was a perfect example of why you can't just pick people from the street to voice act.)
Well, I don't watch many animes where other languages are implied to be used by native speakers. The only other time I recall was Black Lagoon, where everyone is implied to be speaking English translated for the viewer's convenience. Which was kind of jarring when Revy started speaking broken English.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote