View Single Post
Old 2009-04-29, 01:25   Link #13
Zlostur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You are in fact, very right on the accusations you made about him.

Yet, to be fair, he did not want to be in the position forced upon him, that is none other than being a platoon leader. Yes, he'd much prefer to travel from place to place, looking at plants and animals instead of joining a military. Unfortunately, shit happens, and things you don't want to often come flying at you.

But, just because he is laid back does not mean he isn't thinking. He has proven to be a good strategist, even if he had proven to be less-than-conventional. Of course, to me, a good commander is one who can have his men undergo difficulties while survive the ordeal. That is enough for me.

- Tak (Yang Wen-Li, anyone?)
Well, the position being forced on him isn't really an excuse, he can always step down and let Alicia or someone else be in charge. I never said he is stupid, he is a good strategist but a leader should be more than that. A leader should inspire his subordinates and fill them with confidence in his abilities with a very confident attitude. He does not express such confidence to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Hardly, he's not stupid, maybe naive and optimistic but he's defintely not laid-back and carefree. He's confident in his abilities as well as his squad, especially Isara.

He's serious when he has to be, especially when he first met his squad. When it came to establishing his position as Squad leader, rather than wasting time arguing and flexing muscles, he went ahead and proved his worth as a commander to shut them up. Actions speak louder than words.

And if it wasn't for his passion for animals and plants, he wouldn't be able to score his victory at Vasel bridge and this wouldn't be the first.

So far he's demonstrated to be a capable leader that follows logic and is optimistic even when the situation looks grim. In fact, he should be optimistic because he's their commander, it's not good for a squad if your leader is freaking out and depressed.
He does not need to me sad and depressed, just more inspirational.

As a character so far he is kind of "meh" to me...